Thursday, March 17, 2011

Getting in shape...

Hey guys!!
So next week (on the recommendation of an awsome lady) I'm going to start the Couch-to-5K training program. Basically it is a 9 week program that little by little improves and increases your running so that by the end you can run for 30 minutes or 3 miles non-stop.

I used to play soccer and dance before I had Hannah and could easily run 3 miles.  After being pregnant I got way overweight and really lazy!  Over the past 2 years I've lost 50 pounds and now it's time to get back in shape!!!  (You know, right before I plan to get pregnant and out of shape again.  Lol)  In reality my hope it to be in good enough shape that I can keep a little bit of an exercise program when we do decide to TTC so that I will stay in shape during & after pregnancy too!

I would really love it if every now and then if you notice I haven't done my workouts you call me on it!!  It's 3x per week and I plan on FB posting it when I complete a workout!  I've learned with myself if I tell as many people as possible about something I make a commitment to then I feel more encouraged to finish it!!!

Secondly, if anyone is interested and wants to do it too, I'd love a virtual workout buddy =)

Now here are the things I know I will try to use excuses to quit:
1- I'm lazy...lol.  It's just the truth, I need to push myself and kick my butt when I don't want to do it.
2- My knees...I have bad knees to start with.  They act up every so often but I'm hoping as the muscles stengthen and with the right support brace that they will be okay.
3- Time, time, time...full time working mom who's kid is WAY too big for a jogging stroller, nuff said!
4- Weather....I live in New England so who knows what the weather will be like on the days I have time to run.  So I'm going to sign back up for the gym so I have access to the treadmill when the weather is bad.

So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment