Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm Thankful...

Originally I was going to complain about stupid little things.  This week I have made a job out of turning good news into something to be upset about.  Not sure what's up with me, guess I'm just stressed, but a great lady I know reminded me today that I'm a lucky woman who has a lot to be thankful for!  So I thought I'd share and expand on what I realized I need to be thankful for (in no particular order)!  No one has to read it, but I'll know its here to remind me when things are tough!  


~I am thankful that my daughter is healthy and we no longer have to face the things that no parent should.  Not many people have to know what it's like to be forced to face the mortality of their own child, and that's the way it should be.  I don't think I'll ever truly shake that feeling cause once you've looked down that road you can't "unlook".  But there are many people out there that have suffered so much more, and we are indescribably lucky for our outcome =)


~I am thankful that whatever my dad's results say next week that he is one of my best friends and I can honestly say I've done everything to support him over these years.  I sat for 10 hours in a surgical waiting room, I skipped sleeping and time with my daughter to see him in the hospital.  I sat with him through chemo.  He danced with me at my wedding and help my baby in the hospital. We have gotten each other through the best and worst and no matter what happens in the future with his cancer, I can really say I have taken 100% advantage of having such a great man as a daddy =)


~I am thankful for a husband that loves me and takes care of me and our child even when he pisses me off, lol. Wow, he can be a PIA!!  He washed the laundry with red markers, forgets to clean my coffee mug before work and sits around playing video games when he could be cleaning.  Bu...t he works hard to put money in the bank.  He brings me vanilla ice cream and nyquil when I'm sick without being asked.  He grabs my hand and randomly starts dancing with me in the middle of the kitchen cause he feels like it.  He looks at me and tells me he loves me...and really means it =)


~I'm thankful for a sister and friends who enrich my life.  My little sister is a strong amazing person and I'm glad Hannah has such a great role model to look up to as she grows.  My friends (especially my best friend Erica) have been with me through pregnancy, marriage, Hannah's cancer...everything.  They keep me sane and I don't know how I would make it day-to-day without knowing they are there to catch me when I fall, and celebrate with me with things go great.


~I'm thankful for a job that puts food on my table and a roof over my head.  Many people (including my own father) would do anything for a consistent paycheck and a job to rely on.  We have 2 stable, well paying incomes coming in and though there are bad weeks I don't have to spend time worrying about how to put food on the table or pay for heat.  If my daughter wants to do an after school activity or go on a field trip I don't have to tell her no because we can't afford it. 


~I'm thankful for my labs coming back and being able to know that my body is healthy enough to carry a baby when we're ready.  It's a scary thing to wonder if your body will let you do the most natural things it was suppose to do.  It's aggravating to know that antibodies that my body has made against itself puts me at risk for infertility and miscarriages.  I'm thankful that taking 1 little white pill can correct most of the problem and make it as safe as possible to TTC when we want to...no matter how many lab draws I'll need once we do.  Lol


Well, I'm sure there is more, and I know that was really long, but I don't care!!!  I have been concentrating so much on the bad and the scary and the negative lately that I needed a good examination of all I have to be thankful for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment