Friday, March 18, 2011

Week 1 Day 1....ouch

"Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Five-minute cooldown walk."

Ok, so week 1 day 1 of C25K was....interesting.  I'll start by acknowledging that I actually did it.  I didn't quit. I didn't find excuses.  I just did it.

What I learned:
~ This is going to take some major time to adjust to.  My legs are aching, my head is throbbing.  My lungs felt like they were on fire at one point. I'm pretty sure my vitals were BP 398/201, HR 280, RR 75, POx 75

~ I need to hydrate better BEFORE running. Most of the headache was probably due to dehydration.

~ The first 3 60-second runs were horrible, the middle 3 were worse, but the last 3 were slightly better.  My lungs opened up, muscles started working together and I finally had it in my head that it really was only 60 seconds.

~I may actually be able to do it.  Maybe it will take 9 months instead of 9 weeks but I may be able to do it.

1 comment: